Somyot Poompanmoung, the Royal Thai Police chief said
Luck! Modern equipment!
- I have to say we need some luck. If the police have good fortune, we might be able to make an arrest, but if the perpetrator has good fortune, maybe they can get away.
- We don’t have the modern equipment that supports the work, we have difficulties with technology and data.
- Up to 75 percent of the security cameras were broken along the getaway path taken by the main suspect in last week’s deadly Bangkok bombing
Prayuth, Thailand’s Prime Minister Said
- Police working on the Erawan Shrine blast should watch the American crime series “Blue Bloods” for leads. Police investigators, especially the national police chiefs should watch this series. They will get tips, ideas and insights for their case.
I Say! Case Closed!
75% of the security cameras were broken. That’s called Thai Corruption. Wasting big money on low quality equipment with low quality video rendering them useless, just to make the corrupted Thai officials rich. 15 of 20 key CCTV cameras along the route of the fleeing Erawan shrine bomber were fake or faulty.
Thai police never try to solve a case. It’s all about, filling paper work, get signed confessions by intimidation or torture. The innocent poor gets convicted while the rich criminal gets a free ride. Case Closed.
It’s all about “Tea money” for the Thai police. Connections and bribes to get a good post in Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket. Once, they have their dream post. They are set for life. Forget about solving crimes or chasing criminals.
Thai police is worst than Mafia “criminals in uniform”. They walk around collecting money from bars, night clubs, street vendors, illegal gambling venues. Anything you can think of, they have a cut ” jet ski scams, traffic checkpoints, yaba drugs, murder for hire and the list goes on. What a long list.”
They are focused and busy collecting that “Tea money”. They have no time to waste on doing their police work. What investigation!
- Someone gets murdered and thrown from a building. He jumped, committed suicide. Case closed.
- Someone gets beaten up, stabbed and dumped in the sea. He drowned. Case closed.
They don’t solve cases, they don’t know how and they never did. They close cases. Case Closed!