Royal Thai Army.
On May 19, Prayuth appeared to be angry about allegations that a high ranking military officer was behind the southern trafficking. He said he was unaware of any such accusation, and demanded that reporters gives him the name of the suspect. Prayuth intimidation tactics always work.
Bingo, here we go. The honorable Royal Thai Army!
- Lt Gen Manas has a warrant for his arrest on charges of human trafficking, detaining victims of human trafficking, and holding victims of trafficking for ransom . The trafficking occurred between November 2012 and May 2015.
- Lt Gen Manas was the former commander of the 25th Infantry Regiment Task Force from 2005-2006.
- In 2007, he was assigned to work in three southern provinces.
- During an anti-insurgency operation in Narathiwat in October 2007, he led his team to search a house in tambon Muno of Sungai Kolok district and discovered more than 70 million baht stuffed in 9 PVC But as the pipes were taken to a police station, 2 were lost and only 30 million baht was handed in. Nice to be an Army General in Thailand.
- Lt Gen Manas was promoted to commander of the 42nd Military Circle in Songkhla and the Chumphon army from 2008-2009.
- He was promoted to army senior adviser with the rank of lieutenant general in April.
Of course, he is only one of many corrupted Army officers. Is he the big boss. Who knows!. That’s a lot more than “Tea Money”. We are talking about Millions and close to a Billion “bloody business”. Do I hear “Royal Thai Navy”. Absolutely, it’s a big happy corrupted family.
Let’s hope, he doesn’t commit suicide “the Thai Way” to cover the big guys. We don’t want any defamation for the honorable “Royal Thai Army”.