Slave Soldiers In Thailand
S. S. = Slave Soldiers = Servant Soldiers = Service Soldiers = Shackled Soldiers = Shut up Soldier
Shackled Soldier Complains
Pvt. Anek Thongvichit walked into the junta’s complaint office yesterday with a tire chained around his waist, Pvt. Anek Thongvichit alleged he was tied to a car tire by the retired Navy commander [Rear Adm. Benjaporn Bawornsuwan] he’d been assigned to as his personal servant.
Anek told the officials that his commanding officer sent him to serve the retired Rear Admiral last week at the man’s home in suburban western Bangkok, but the Rear Admiral was dissatisfied with his carpentry skills that he chained him to a vehicle in the early hours of Tuesday as punishment.
Anek said he eventually decided to escape (tire and chain still attached) by hailing a taxi from the commander’s home and fleeing to his family.
The story doesn’t end here. It’s the beginning of a sad end, as usual in Thailand for the poor who always get crushed by the rich.
Admiral Benjaporn Response
- He denied chaining him to the tire. Is that right! He chained himself and made that story!
- He accused Anek of stealing his stuff. We believe you “Admiral”, Whatever you say!
- He claims Anek was masturbating while watching his wife. Masturbating on that “Ugly” thing. Are you kidding me!
- Rear Adm. Benjaporn said, “Therefore, the actions of Private Anek amounts to false accusation, perjury, and grave atrocity, which can be punished by both disciplinary and criminal actions, and which are intended to discredit the reputation of me and the Royal Thai Navy,” Damn Soldier! You never win with these “Criminals in Uniform” even if they are retired and out of uniform.
Thai Royal Army Response
- Maj. Gen. Sansern Kaewkamnerd said that the private should stick to the military’s internal complaint procedure. “Everyone in the military knows their duty and knows that, if they are treated unfairly, there’s a procedure for that,” Sansern said. “The correct and appropriate way is to complaint to their direct commander. If the direct commander do not listen to the complain, they can complaint to the higher-level commander, all the way to the highest-level commander.” Private Anek, you are in deep shit!
- “Having soldiers stationed at their masters’ homes like this is normal. And it’s widespread. Especially the rich people’s kids who couldn’t dodge the draft in time, they asked for help that way,” he said at a Nakhon Pathom police station. “They asked to be posted in commanders’ homes, but they aren’t really there. And the commanders get the money, 9,000 baht per month.” Nice to be Rich but he is Poor, enslave and chain him. No Problem!
- Gen. Udomdet Sitabutr, commander of Royal Thai Army, defended the practice of sending soldiers to serve as personal servants. “Right now, we don’t call them ‘servant soldiers’ anymore. This word doesn’t exist anymore. Right now we call them ‘service soldiers’ who have a duty to assist their commanders.” Crystal clear “General” Service not Servant!
- Private Anek will get the “Royal” Thai Army treatment and will be disciplined accordingly.
- Private Anek will be packing his bags and heading to the south to enjoy the rest of his enlistment and the few weeks left in his life on this earth.