Prayuth expressed deep admiration on Tuesday for Lee Kuan Yew. Prayuth will fly to Singapore to attend Lee’s Funeral. I think Thaksin will attend the funeral too because he knew Lee Kuan Yew personally. Will Prayuth meet with Thaksin in Singapore! No way!
Prayuth said: “He laid a concrete foundation for the development of every aspect of Singapore, based on good governance and morality. He put public interest above self,” “a good example for every country”, especially in Asia. Mr Lee could achieve what he did because the people of Singapore worked together and respected the rule of law”
I say :
- You are right, Prayuth. He put public interest above self! I remember in 1961, Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew was offered a bribe of $3.3 million (equivalent of $25 million today) by a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) agent to keep hush about an unsuccessful operation. Lee, turned down the offer and went ballistic on America and said “The Americans should know the character of the men they are dealing with in Singapore and not get themselves further dragged into calumny,”
- How many CIA bribes went to Thailand during that time fighting communism! and what about recently, secret “torture” detention facilities for terrorists in Udon Thani. CIA always pay cash money with no trace. Who got that cash!
- Please, Prayuth don’t call that corrupted injustice system in Thailand a “rule of law”. Maybe a political tool for the corrupted Elite.
- Corruption in Singapore is close to nothing. Thailand is infested with corruption at every level of society. Prayuth, you never answered the question about your 600 million baht wealth with a soldier pay! and your brother general Preecha’s wealth too!
- Singapore is a society based on effort, hard work, high performance and merit, not wealth and privilege depending on birth and connections.
- In Singapore, People are given equal opportunity to compete under fair, transparent rules, with respect and dignity. In Thailand, People in the north are Buffaloes and at the bottom of the barrel in Thailand’s hierarchical society. Even the right to vote is too much for them, let’s take it away from these Buffaloes!
- Education is highly regarded and very competitive in Singapore. While in Thailand, being in the police or the army or a government job where corruption rules and a lot of “Tea” money is the ultimate goal and dream.
Prayuth said: In the early period of nation-building, “some rights and freedoms have to be surrendered at a certain level”, “If (Mr Lee) had not done that”, Singapore would not be what it is today.
I say: I knew that you were going to bring that democracy and freedom issue that tarnished Lee’s image and legacy to the table. Communists in Singapore were arrested and thrown in jail without trial for years in 1966. What Thailand did! they massacred students in Thammasat university because of a photo of a mock hanging of Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn. Thailand did and still do, its share of suppressing rights and freedom.
Prayuth said: “It takes time… Lee Kuan Yew spent 50 years.”
I say: Go ahead Prayuth, 50 more years backward!