Chakri Kings of Thailand.
Wake up people. There is no Royal Blood. They are not Divine. They are not Superior. They are not better than you or me. These Kings married their half sisters and cousins, trying to keep the “Royal Blood” pure intact. But in reality a lot of them died young of inbreeding and genetic disorders. Last close case was, Prince Mahidol Adulyadej, King Bhumibol’s father who died at age 37.
Rama I, the Great (1782–1809), Buddha Yodfa Chulaloke (27 years). Born 1737. Died 1809 (aged 72)
That’s the King who started Chakri Dynasty.
- Mon-Chinese decent.
- 42 sons and daughters with various consorts.
- He was a General in King Taksin’s army. He killed King Taksin and made himself a King. Is that Royal Blood or he is a killer with Royal Blood on his hands !
Rama II (1809–1824), Buddha Loetla Nabhalai (15 years). Born 1767. Died 1824 (aged 57)
- Rama I son.
- 73 sons and daughter.
- the king died suddenly with strong suspicions of being poisoned.
Rama III (1824–1851), Nangklao (27 years). Born 1787. Died 1851 (aged 63)
- Rama II oldest son.
- His mother was a Muslim from the south.
- His brother Mongkut was suppose to be the King because his mother was a Queen, but the nobility chose him for his experience.
- Nangklao tried to pass the Throne to his son Annop. He gave his bracelet which had been passed down from Rama I to the prince, but Mongkut’s mother switched the bracelet for a forged one, thus preventing Annop from inheriting the throne.
- 51 sons and daughters with various consorts
Rama IV (1851–1868), Mongkut (17 years). Born 1804. Died 1868 (aged 63)
- Rama II son and Rama III brother.
- After his 27 years as monk, King Mongkut ascended to the throne in 1851, aged 47
- 82 sons and daughters. After 27 years as a monk. That King didn’t waste a minute. He didn’t stop breeding. It must be the Spicy food.
Rama V, the Great, (1868–1910), Chulalongkorn (42 years). Born 1853. Died 1910 (aged 57)
- Rama IV son.
- 96 consorts and concubines.
- 33 sons and 44 daughters.
Rama VI (1910–1925), Vajiravudh (15 years). Born 1880. Died 1925 (aged 45)
- Rama V son.
- He was gay. Spent a lot of time writing plays and act in them with his male companions.
Rama VII (1925–1935), Prajadhipok (10 years). Born 1893. Died 1941 in Surrey, England (aged 47)
- Rama V son and Rama VI brother.
- The 1932 Coup. The first constitutional monarch. Abdication. Moved to England. Died and cremated in England. His wife, Queen Ramphaiphanni stayed in England for a further eight years before she returned to Thailand in 1949, bringing the King’s ashes back with her.
Rama VIII (1935–1946), Ananda Mahidol (11 years). Born 1925. Died 1946 (aged 20)
- Rama VII nephew.
- He was born in Heidelberg, Germany. He was the first son of Prince Mahidol Adulyadej (son of King Chulalongkorn, brother of King Prajadhipok).
- The family returned to Thailand in 1928 after Prince Mahidol finished his medical studies at Harvard University. Prince Mahidol died at age 37 in 1929, when Ananda Mahidol was just four years old.
- He was recognized as king by the in March 1935, he was a nine-year-old boy living in Switzerland.
- He returned to Thailand in December 1945, but six months later in June 1946, he was found shot dead in his bed.
- Someone knows what exactly happened in that room but that remains until now the Royal hidden secret, but 3 people were executed for his death following irregular trials.
Rama IX, the Great (since 1946, coronation 5 May 1950), Bhumibol Adulyadej (reign 68 years on 9 June 2014). Born 5 December 1927 (age 86).
- He is King Ananda younger brother.
- He was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the United States.
- His father died of kidney failure in September 1929, when Bhumibol was two years old.
- While finishing his degree in Switzerland, Bhumibol visited Paris frequently. It was in Paris that he first met Mom Rajawongse Sirikit Kitiyakara, daughter of the Thai ambassador to France
- On 4 October 1948, while Bhumibol was driving a Fiat Topolino on the Geneva-Lausanne road, he collided with the rear of a braking truck 10 km outside Lausanne. He hurt his back and incurred cuts on his face that cost him the sight of his right eye.
- The couple were married on 28 April 1950, just a week before his coronation.
- The king never smiled again after he came out from that bedroom where his brother was shot !
- Bhumibol and his wife Queen Sirikit have 4 children:
- Princess Ubolratana Rajakanya, born 5 April 1951 in Lausanne, Switzerland; married Peter Ladd Jensen, has 2 daughters. Her autistic son, Bhumi Jensen, was killed in the tsunami caused by the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake.
- Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, born 28 July 1952; married Mom Luang Soamsawali Kitiyakara (later divorced and became HRH the Princess Niece); 1 daughter. Then married Yuvadhida Polpraserth; 4 sons and a daughter. Third marriage was to Srirasm Akharapongpreecha; one son.
- Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, born 2 April 1955; unmarried. Lesbian.
- Princess Chulabhorn Walailak, born 4 July 1957; married Virayudh Tishyasarin, (then divorced); 2 daughters